Rocket Fuel For Your Brain
Did you know what is MCT?
Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) are partially man-made fats. The name refers to the way the carbon atoms are arranged in their chemical structure. MCTs are generally made by processing coconut and palm kernel oils in the laboratory.
MCT molecules are smaller than those in most of the fats you eat (long-chain triglycerides [LCT]). This makes them easier to digest. You can absorb MCT in your bloodstream quickly. This turns it into energy you can use.
Where Does it Come From?
The best food source of MCTs is coconut oil. Coconut oil have MCT in them.
What Is It Used For?
Usually, people use MCT for help with:
- MCT could reduce lactate buildup in athletes and help use fat for energy.
- MCT could help manage epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, and autism.
- MCT may reduce risk factors for heart disease.
- MCT could help manage blood sugar levels.
Weight loss - MCT may support weight loss by increasing fullness, fat loss, ketone production, and by improving your gut environment. More research is needed to determine its efficacy.
Did you know breast milk contained MCTs?
Breast milk contains one of the highest concentrations of lauric acid. Lauric acid within the body is converted into monolaurin, which is an antiviral, antimicrobial, antiprotozoal and antifungal. If there is not enough or low amounts of lauric acid within the body, then the body has trouble producing monolaurin and as a result there are no benefits.
Studies and research suggested that adults and growing children take between 10-20 grams of lauric acid per kilogram of body weight per day (3 tablespoons of coconut oil a day).
The processing of some foods today and the oils they are cooked in are severely lacking the lauric acid content. So, load up on the high quality coconut oil and purchase your tin of MCT Contained Coconut Oil.
- MCT oil has been called “rocket fuel for your brain”
- MCT oil is a nutritional supplement that consists of naturally occurring fats called medium-chain triglycerides, or MCTs.
- The best food source of MCTs is coconut oil.
- Compared to the long-chain triglycerides found in other vegetable oils, MCTs are smaller and, consequently, more readily absorbed and metabolized - qualities that make them a good source of fuel for the brain.
- The body has a backup energy source for times when its blood sugar level gets low.
- The liver can break down stored body fat to produce ketones which readily cross the blood-brain barrier to provide instant energy to the brain.
- And while you can provide ketones for your brain by eating a very high-fat, low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet, you don’t have to.
- The medium-chain fats in MCT oil (and its source, coconut oil) raise the blood level of ketones, thus providing a convenient workaround.
- Quality MCT oil can help improve mental energy, repair brain cell damage, slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease, and provide neuroprotective effects for a range of neurological and mood disorders.
Did you want buy best premium quality Wooden Cold Pressed Coconut Oils? Poombukar Wooden Cold Pressed Coconut Oils extracted from medium-chain triglycerides sourced from 100% natural non preservative coconuts.