Well dried Sulfur free clean, fresh, pure and high-quality matured coconut flesh from local farmers are used for making Coconut oil and we are not using any third party agent while extracting coconut oil. To maintain natural essentials, oil is allowed in natural sunlight at least five consecutive days for filtration.
Why Poombukar Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil?
- Extracted from Sulfur free, clean, fresh, pure and high-quality matured coconut from local farmers which is why our oil is incomparable to any other oil in the market.
- We extract oil using our traditional technology (wooden ghani / marachekku)
- We grind the oil and pack it for sale after drying in the morning sun for at least five days.
- Our oils are unrefined oils are produced with no use of chemicals and are ethically sourced
- Hygienic packaging with eco-friendly metal tin
Poombukar Wooden Cold Pressed coconut Oil Amazing Benefits:
- Wooden cold pressed coconut oil can be a powerful weapon against bacteria in the mouth that causes dental plaque or tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Coconut contains 90% saturated fat which has fantastic superpowers to nourish the body and brighten the skin.
- A wonderful moisturizer for legs, arms and elbows repairs cracked heels. Heals wounds and fights against infections.
- Encourage fat burning.
- Work as a quick source of energy.
- Have antimicrobial effects.
- Help reduce hunger.
- Help reduce seizures.
- Boost skin health.
- Protect your hair.
- Improve oral health.
Whether it’s for body care or cooking, coconut oil has a purpose throughout the household. While the benefits are plentiful, so is the confusion behind different types, labels, and brand packaging. Here’s a breakdown of the most common questions to make decoding coconut oils a whole lot easier.
|What's cold pressed coconut oil?|
|As the name suggests, cold-pressed coconut oil is made without any heat. The coconut meat is scooped out and pressed so that you're left with pure coconut oil. As with all food processing, the addition of heat reduces the antioxidant content of refined coconut oil|
|Is cold pressed coconut oil better?|
|While cold-pressing extracts the least amount of Coconut Oil compared to expeller pressing (below) and is also a very expensive process, this method is the only one that can produce the highest quality of Coconut Oil. Cold pressed Coconut Oil is considered raw, and all nutrients are retained in the oil|
|Why to choose SULPHUR FREE coconut oil?|
|A few coconut oil manufacturers claim that their oil is “SULPHUR FREE”, the reason being most of the commercial store bought coconut oils are extracted from copra which contains Sulphur. The dried coconut, copra is the main source of coconut oil. Naturally it contains 70% of moisture content and it is dried to about 7% for production of coconut oil. The Sulphur is added as preservative which acts as anti-microbial agent for preventing bacteria, fungus etc. Sulphur is a toxic food preservative which restricts lung performance and leads to direct allergenic reactions. The survey of World Health Organization says that 65% of asthmatic children are sensitive to Sulphur and 75% of children exposed to Sulphur exhibits changes in their behavior.|
|Refined vs. Unrefined Coconut Oil: What’s the Difference?|
|Refined coconut oil is “dry milled or hot processed,” meaning the coconuts have been baked prior to the oil being extracted. Then the oil is “bleached” to kill off microbes and remove any dust particles. Bleaching doesn’t involve a household cleaner, but rather a process by which the oil is passed through bleaching clay for filtration. Unrefined coconut oil undergoes a process called “wet milling or cold process.” Oil is extracted from fresh coconuts, spun down in a centrifuge or pressed using stainless steel or wood and undergoes no bleaching. This makes unrefined the least processed form of coconut oil available. With less refinement, you get a bigger coconut flavor. Plus, you also receive more nutrients. We at Poombukar Natural Food Products source coconuts from local farms and the coconuts are sun dried to remove the moisture content and copra will be pressed. Our oil is unrefined, unfiltered produced using cold, wood press method.|
Good quality and healthy form of oil..I feel like using my home oil here .Too happy..
I fried appalam and cooked vegetable curry with Poombukar Cold Pressed Coconut Oil. The taste and smell were really good. I recommend using this if you really care about your family.